Benefits Summary – Administrators
- A choice of two health plans: Empire Blue Cross PPO or EPO.
- Vassar pays 85% of the cost for single coverage, 70% of the cost for employee-plus-dependents. Vassar's contribution is based on the EPO premium.
- Vassar offers domestic partner benefits; however, these are taxable.
- After one year of service, you become eligible for Vassar’s retirement plan benefit.
- Vassar contributes to your retirement, based on your age as of July 1, as follows: age 26 to 29 = 7%; age 30 to 39 = 11%; age 40+ = 12 % You are immediately vested in the college’s contribution.
- You may also open a tax-deferred Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) and/or an after-tax Roth SRA.
- You may use TIAA-CREF and/or Fidelity Investments for your retirement account investments.
Paid Time Off
- 22 vacation days per year
- 13 paid holidays
- Vacation and holidays are pro-rated based on your start date and your full-time or part-time status.
- After three years of service, you, your spouse/partner or dependent children may attend up to eight semesters at Vassar college tuition-free if accepted as a Vassar student.
- You or your spouse/partner may take up to six Vassar courses tuition-free on a course by course basis with prior approval.
- After three years of service, Vassar provides tuition grants for dependent children up to age 24 attending other colleges: the grants cover the college’s tuition, up to a maximum of 50% of Vassar’s tuition.
- Limitations apply to part-time administrators; see Administrator Handbook for details.
Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vassar provides disability coverage equivalent to 60% of your salary up to a monthly benefit maximum of $10,000. Coverage begins after a year of employment, or the first day after your first full month of employment if you furnish proof of coverage from your previous employer.
- Upon hire, you may purchase additional disability insurance.
- Vassar provides term life insurance coverage equal to your annual salary, but with a minimum value of $50,000 and maximum of $200,000. (Reductions apply for employees over 70 years of age.) Coverage begins after four months of employment, or the first day after your first full month of employment if you furnish proof of coverage from your previous employer.
- Upon hire, you may purchase additional life insurance.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- You are eligible to tax-shelter up to $2,550 annually in a medical/dental Flex spending account, and up to $5,000 annually in a dependent care Flex spending account. Transit and parking flex accounts are also available for reimbursement of work-related public transportation travel.
- Vassar sponsors a voluntary (employee-paid) dental insurance plan. You are eligible to join within 30 days of your hire. Contact the Benefits Office for information.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vassar’s EAP provides you and your family access to free, confidential short-term counseling and assistance with work-life issues such as elder care and child care.
- The EAP also provide legal counseling, financial planning, elder and chld care referral.
The benefits highlights contained on this website are for your general overview and reference only and should not be construed as an official plan document or description. Full descriptions of benefits are available from the Benefits Office, 3rd floor Baldwin Hall. There are no rights to benefit accruals or availability as a result of any statement or omission on this website.