Benefits Summary – Full Time Faculty
- A choice of two health plans: Empire Blue Cross PPO or EPO.
- Vassar pays 85% of the total cost of single coverage, and 70% of the cost of employee-plus-dependent(s) coverage. Vassar's contribution is based on the EPO premium. You pay the remainder through paycheck deduction.
- Vassar offers domestic partner benefits; however, these are taxable.
- After one year of service, you become eligible for Vassar's Defined Contribution 403(b) retirement plan benefit.
- Vassar contributes to your retirement, based on your age as of July 1, as follows:
- ages 26 to 29 = 7% college contribution
- ages 30 to 39 = 11% college contribution
- ages 40+ = 12 % college contribution
- You are immediately vested in the college's contribution.
- You may also open a Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA), which allows you to save for your retirement on a tax-deferred basis, and/or an after-tax Roth SRA.
- You may use TIAA-CREF and/or Fidelity Investments for your retirement accounts.
(Available to full-time faculty and visiting faculty after three years of service.)
- You, your spouse/partner or dependent children may attend up to eight semesters at Vassar College tuition-free if accepted as a Vassar student.
- You or your spouse/partner may take up to six Vassar courses tuition-free on a course by course basis with prior approval.
- Vassar provides tuition grants for dependent children up to age 24 attending other colleges: the grants cover the college's tuition, up to a maximum of 50% of Vassar's tuition.
Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vassar provides disability coverage equivalent to 60% of your salary up to a monthly benefit maximum of $10,000. This insurance provides a monthly income after 6 months of total disability. Coverage begins after a year of employment, or the first day after your first full month of employment if you furnish proof of coverage from your previous employer.
- Upon hire, you may purchase additional disability insurance.
- Vassar provides term life insurance coverage equal to your annual salary, but with a minimum value of $50,000 and maximum of $200,000. (Reductions apply for employees over 70 years of age.) Coverage begins after four months of employment, or the first day after your first full month of employment if you furnish proof of coverage from your previous employer.
- Upon hire, you may purchase additional life insurance.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- You are eligible to tax-shelter up to $2,550 annually in a medical/dental Flex spending account, and up to $5,000 annually in a dependent care Flex spending account. Transit and parking flex accounts are also available for reimbursement of work-related public transportation travel.
- Vassar sponsors a voluntary (employee-paid) dental insurance plan. You are eligible to join within 30 days of your hire. Contact the Benefits Office for information
Employee Asssitance Program (EAP)
- Vassar's EAP provides you and your family access to free, confidential short-term counseling and assistance with work-life issues such as elder care and child care.
- The EAP also provides legal counseling, financial planning, elder and child are referral.
The benefits highlights contained on this website are for your general overview and reference only and show not be construed as an offical plan document or description. Full descriptions of benefits are available from the Benefits Office, 3rd floor Baldwin Hall. There are no rights to benefit accruals or availability as a result of any statement or omission on this website.