Benefits Summary – Administrators
- A choice of three health plans: Empire Blue Cross PPO, EPO, or High Deductible Health Plan with HSA.
- Vassar pays 85% of the cost for single coverage and 70% of the cost for employee-plus-dependents. The contribution percentage is based on the EPO.
- Vassar contributes to your retirement plan after one year of service. The contribution is based on your age as of July 1, as follows:
- age 21 to 29 = 7%
- age 30 to 39 = 11%
- age 40+ = 12 %
- You are immediately vested in the college’s contribution.
- Upon hire, you are automatically enrolled in the Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) at a tax-deferred 4% contribution from your paycheck.
- Your contributions, and Vassar’s once they begin, are invested 50%/50% between Fidelity Investments and TIAA, in target-date funds appropriate to your age. You may change your percentage contribution, your vendor split, and/or your investments at any time on a dedicated portal.
Paid Time Off
- 22 vacation days per year and 13 paid holidays
- Vacation and holidays are pro-rated based on your start date and your full-time or part-time status.
- After three years of service, you, your spouse/partner or dependent children may attend up to eight semesters at Vassar college tuition-free if accepted as a Vassar student.
- You or your spouse/partner may take up to six Vassar courses tuition-free on a course by course basis.
- After three years of service, Vassar provides tuition grants for dependent children up to age 24 attending other colleges: the grants cover the college’s tuition, up to a maximum of 50% of Vassar’s tuition.
Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vassar provides disability coverage equivalent to 60% of your salary up to a monthly benefit maximum of $10,000. There is a one-year waiting period for LTD coverage, waived with proof of group LTD coverage at your prior employer.
- Upon hire, you may purchase additional disability insurance.
- Vassar provides term life insurance coverage equal to your annual salary, but with a minimum value of $50,000 and maximum of $200,000. (Reductions apply for employees over 70 years of age.) There is a 4-month waiting period for life insurance coverage, waived with proof of group life coverage at your prior employer.
- Upon hire, you may purchase additional life insurance.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- You are eligible to tax-shelter up to $2,650 annually in a medical or vision/dental Flex spending account, and up to $5,000 annually in a dependent care Flex spending account.
- Vassar sponsors a voluntary (employee-paid) dental insurance plan.
- You and your family can consult board-certified, prescribing physicians free of charge via phone, website or app, and also get information on pricing and discounts for medical and RX services.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vassar’s EAP provides you and your family access to free, confidential short-term counseling and assistance with work-life issues such as elder care and child care.
The benefits highlights contained on this website are for your general overview and reference only and should not be construed as an official plan document or description. Full descriptions of benefits are available from the Benefits Office, 3rd floor Baldwin Hall. There are no rights to benefit accruals or availability as a result of any statement or omission on this website.