Benefits Summary – Auxiliary Employees
- A choice of two health plan options: Empire Blue Cross PPO or MVP HMO.
- Vassar covers 82.5% cost of single health insurance coverage and 79.5% of employee-plus-dependents coverage.
- Vassar offers domestic partner benefits; however, these are taxable.
- Upon completion of five (5) years of service, you are fully vested in the Vassar College Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- You may also open a Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA), which allows you to save for your retirement on a tax-deferred basis, and/or an after-tax Roth SRA. You may use TIAA-CREF and/or Fidelity Investments for your SRA.
Paid Time Off
- Vacation calculated based on length of service. (Example: 0-6 yr receive 1 day per month)
- Three (3) personal days for full time employees
- Paid sick time for both short-term illness and extended needs.
- Vacation, personal and sick time accrued after 6 months probation has been completed. Holiday pay after completion of probation.
- Once you have completed three (3) years of employment at Vassar, you, your spouse/partner or dependent children may attend up to eight semesters at Vassar College tuition-free if accepted as a Vassar student.
- Once you have completed probation, you or your spouse/partner or dependent children may take Vassar courses tuition-free on a course-by-course basis with prior approval.
Short Term Disability Insurance
- In accordance with New York State law, after five days of disability, Vassar provides disability coverage equivalent to 50% of your salary up to a weekly maximum of $170.
- Vassar provides you with term life insurance coverage of $15,000 or your annual salary, whichever is greater.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- You are eligible to tax shelter up to $2,550 annually to a medical/dental Flex spending account and/or $5,000 annually to a dependent care Flex spending account. Transit and parking flex accounts are also available for reimbursement of work-related public transportation travel.
- Vassar sponsors a voluntary (employee-paid) dental insurance plan. You are eligible to join within 30 days of your hire. Contact the Benefits Office for information.
Employee Assitance Program (EAP)
- Vassar's EAP provides you and your family access to free, confidential short-term counseling and assistance with work-life issues such as elder care and child care.
- The EAP also provides legal counseling, finacial planning, elder and child care referral.
This overview is intended as a general summary and should not be construed as an official plan document or description. For complete information, contact the benefits office.The benefits highlights contained on this website are for your general overview and reference only and should not be construed as an official plan document or description. Full descriptions of benefits are available from the Benefits Office, 3rd floor Baldwin Hall. There are no rights to benefit accruals or availability as a result of any statement or omission on this website.