Benefits Summary – Security Officers
- Health insurance: MVP HMO or Empire Blue Cross PPO
- Vassar pays 85% of the cost of single coverage and 80% of employee-plus-dependent coverage.
- After two years of service, Vassar begins contributions to a 403(b) Retirement Account on your behalf. Contributions are equivalent to 11% of regular gross earnings.
- Upon hire, you will begin contributing to a Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) at the rate of 4%. You may change this percentage any time using a dedicated plan website.
- Retirement Account and SRA contributions are split evenly between Fidelity Investments and TIAA, with each vendor allocating funds to a target-date self-balancing fund appropriate to your age. You may change your plan investments at any time: the 403(b) plan offers a range of investment options from both vendors.
PAID TIME OFF
- After the six-month probationary period through the end of your first year of service, you receive five vacation days. From the second through fifth year of service, vacation increases to ten days. From your fifth through tenth year, vacation allowance is 15 days. Further increases occur with further service.
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid Sick Time: sick time accrues at four hours per 104 hours worked, and you can accumulate up to 750 hours as a reserve against extended illness.
- Once you have completed five (5) years of employment at Vassar, you, your spouse/partner or dependent children may attend up to eight semesters at Vassar College tuition-free if accepted as a Vassar student.
- You or your spouse/partner may take Vassar courses tuition-free on a course by course basis with prior approval.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY INSURANCE
- In accordance with NY State law, Vassar provides disability coverage equivalent to 50% of your salary up to a weekly maximum of $170. This insurance provides a weekly income after five days of disability.
- Vassar provides term life insurance equal to your annual salary.
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS
- You are eligible to tax-shelter paycheck $ in a medical and/or dependent care Flex spending account, up to current IRS maximums. Transit and parking flex accounts are also available for reimbursement of work-related public transportation travel.
- Vassar sponsors a voluntary (employee-paid) dental insurance plan.
- You and your family can consult board-certified, prescribing physicians free of charge via phone, website or app, and also get information on pricing and discounts for medical and RX services.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
- Vassar’s EAP provides you and your family access to free, confidential short-term counseling.
- The EAP also provides legal counseling, financial planning, elder and child care referral.
The benefits highlights contained on this website are for your general overview and reference only and should not be construed as an official plan document or description. Full descriptions of benefits are available from the Benefits Office, 3rd floor Baldwin Hall. There are no rights to benefit accruals or availability as a result of any statement or omission on this website.