Benefits Summary – Staff Employees
- A choice of three health plan options: Empire Blue Cross PPO or or EPO, or MVP HMO.
- Vassar covers 82.5% of single health insurance coverage and 79.5% of dependent coverage.
- After two years of service, you become eligible for Vassar’s retirement plan benefit.
- Vassar contributes an amount equivalent to 11% of your regular earnings to a Retirement Account.
- Upon hire, you are automatically enrolled in the Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) at a tax- deferred 4% contribution from your paycheck.
- Your contributions, and Vassar’s once they begin, are invested 50%/50% between Fidelity Investments and TIAA, in target-date funds appropriate to your age. You may change your percentage contribution, your vendor split, and/or your investments at any time on a dedicated portal.
Paid Time Off
- One day of vacation for each month worked
- 13 paid holidays
- Paid sick time for both short term illness and extended needs.
- Paid time off increases according to your years of service
- You, your spouse/partner or dependent children may attend up to eight semesters at Vassar college tuition-free if accepted a Vassar student.
- You or your spouse/partner may take Vassar courses tuition-free on a course by course basis.
Short Term Disability Insurance
- In accordance with New York State law, Vassar provides short-term disability insurance, covering up to $170 of your weekly income after five days of disability. Supplemental disability coverage may be available after probation.
- Vassar provides you with term life insurance coverage of $15,000 or your annual salary, whichever is greater.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- You are eligible to tax-shelter up to $2,650 annually in a medical/dental Flex spending account, and up to $5,000 annually in a dependent care Flex spending account. Transit and parking flex accounts are also available for reimbursement of work-related public transportation travel.
- Vassar sponsors a voluntary (employee-paid) dental insurance plan. You are eligible to join within 30 days of your hire. Contact the Benefits Office for information.
- You and your family can consult board-certified, prescribing physicians free of charge via phone, website or app, and also get information on pricing and discounts for medical and RX services.
Employee Asssitance Program (EAP)
- Vassar’s EAP provides you and your family access to free, confidential short-term counseling and assistance with work-life issues such as elder care and child care.
The benefits highlights contained on this website are for your general overview and reference only and should not be construed as an official plan document or description. Full descriptions of benefits are available from the Benefits Office, 3rd floor Baldwin Hall. There are no rights to benefit accruals or availability as a result of any statement or omission on this website.