Benefits Summary – Supervisors
- A choice of two health plan options: Empire Blue Cross PPO or MVP HMO.
- Vassar covers the 82.% of single health insurance coverage and 79.5% of the cost of employee-plus-dependent coverage.
- Vassar offers domestic partner benefits; however, these are taxable.
- After two years of service, you become eligible for Vassar's retirement plan benefit.
- Vassar contributes an amount equivalent to 11% of your gross earnings to a Retirement Account.
- You may also open a tax-deferred Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) and/or an after-tax Roth SRA. You may use TIAA-CREF and/or Fidelity Investments for either account.
Paid Time Off
- One day of vacation for each month worked.
- 13 paid holidays.
- Paid sick time for both short term illness and extended needs.
- Paid time off increases according to your years of service
- Once you have completed three (3) years of employment at Vassar, you, your spouse/partner or dependent children may attend up to eight semesters at Vassar College tuition-free if accepted as a Vassar student.
- You or your spouse/partner may take Vassar courses tuition-free on a course by course basis with prior approval.
Short Term Disability Insurance
- In accordance with New York State law, Vassar provides disability coverage equivalent to 50% of your salary up to a weekly maximum of $170. This insurance provides a weekly income after five days of disability.
- Vassar provides you with term life insurance coverage of $15,000, or your annual salary, whichever is greater.
Flexible Spending Accounts
- You are eligible to tax-shelter up to $2,550 annually in a medical/dental Flex spending account, and up to $5,000 annually in a dependent care Flex spending account.
- Vassar sponsors a voluntary (employee-paid) dental insurance plan. You are eligible to join within 30 days of your hire. Contact the Benefits Office for information.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Vassar's EAP provides you and your family access to free, confidential short-term counseling and assistance with work-life issues such as elder care and child care.
The benefits highlights contained on this website are for your general overview and reference only. Full descriptions of benefits are available from the Benefits Office, 3rd floor Baldwin Hall. There are no rights to benefit accruals or availability as a result of any statement or omission on this website.