Recruiting Expense Reimbursement Policy
To support the efforts of the hiring department in hiring a new employee, the Office of Human Resources may reimburse expenses related to the recruiting process. Generally, recruiting expense reimbursement is available for up to three (3) job candidates per open position. This assists in both in managing the recruitment budget and the time involved in the interviewing process.
- The job candidate’s expenses that qualify for reimbursement include:
- Airfare is reimbursable only at the coach rate. All flights should be arranged with Hooker Travel. The Office of Human Resources will provide the purchase order number.
- Transportation to and from the airport, hotel, and the College.
- Hotel (usually Alumnae House); extra charges for miscellaneous items like movies will not be reimbursed.
- All meals related to the interview will be reimbursed. Meals for the candidate should not exceed $40 per day.
- Travel by private automobile is reimbursed at the approved IRS rate.
- Reimbursement will be made after an individual has prepared an itemized accounting of the expenses related to the recruiting process. To receive reimbursement:
- The hiring supervisor must complete a requisition reimbursement form with the original receipts for the expenses attached.
- The requisition form must be signed by the next supervisory level.
- The signed requisition form should be forwarded, along with the original receipts, to the Office of Human Resources.
- Hiring managers may submit expenses incurred by the hiring department including meals for up to two members of the hiring department, totaling no more than $20 per person.
- A reimbursement check will be mailed directly to the job candidate.
Questions regarding expense reimbursement should be directed to the Office of Human Resources prior to an interview.